St. Xavier's BMS Eligibility Criteria 2017: The eligibility criteria for St. Xavier's BMS 2017 has been prescribed by the official exam conducting body, St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. The Xavier’s BMS Entrance Test 2017 is scheduled to be held in offline mode on June 3, 2017. The application process has started from April 24 and will end on May 21. According to the age limit criteria, General category candidates’ Date of Birth must fall on or after June 1, 1994. Aspirants planning to apply and take the test have can check from this page other basic qualifications required to apply for the exam. Careers360 presents a comprehensive guide to the St. Xavier’s BMS 2017 eligibility criteria.
Highlights of St. Xaviers BMS Eligibility Criteria 2017
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai has shared the detailed guidelines for aspirants planning to apply for BMS programme. The basic qualifying examinations required to be eligible for the St. Xavier’s BMS Entrance Test are listed below:
- Applicants should have completed their Class XII or equivalent examination from any board, national or state, or equivalent qualifying test.
- Candidates who have appeared or passed Intermediate (10+2) or Two year pre-university examination conducted by a recognised Board or University are also eligible.
- Aspirants having High School Certificate exam of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva will also be eligible.
- Applicants who have appeared for Senior Secondary School exam conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with minimum 5 subjects will be eligible.
- Those with a diploma in any Engineering branch with 2, 3 or 4 years duration after passing the Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) exam conducted by the Board of Technical Education, Maharashtra State or equivalent examination will also qualify to take the St. Xavier’s BMS Entrance Test.
Candidates can refer to the following table for distribution of percentage marks required to be eligible for St. Xavier’s BMS entrance test 2017:
Category Based Minimum Aggregate Marks Required in Qualifying Exams
Minimum Passing Marks Required for Eligibility
65 per cent
60 per cent
55 per cent
Additional St. Xavier’s BMS 2017 Eligibility Criteria: The exam conducting body has also issued certain specific guidelines pertaining to the following factors:
For General category, only candidates whose Date of Birth (DOB) falls on or after June 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for the exam.
For Catholic community and SC/ST Category candidates, the DOB must fall on or after June 1, 1992 is acceptable for application.
DOB mentioned on the school leaving certificate, first board or pre-university certificate/Birth Certificate issued by the competent authority will be acceptable.
In case candidates belong to minority, the Baptism Certificate will be required.
Year of Passing Qualifying Exam:
The candidates must have passed or should be appearing in the qualifying exam in 2017 itself. If a candidate is appearing in the qualifying exam later than June 2017, they will not be eligible to apply for St. Xavier’s BMS Entrance Test 2017.
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai offers 60 seats for the Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) programme and reserves seats for the students belonging to minority category. The following table brings to you the seat reservation criteria followed for the programme.
No. of Seats
Total Reserved Category Seats
Candidates after having checked their St. Xavier’s BMS eligibility criteria 2017 must ensure they carefully read all instructions. Application form of St. Xavier BMS 2017 can be filled online only. Candidates must ensure they fill the online application form after checking the important dates of St. Xaviers BMS 2017 and submit the same before the deadline.
Stay tuned to www.bschool.careers360.com for more news and updates on St. Xaviers BMS entrance test 2017.