- Register today to explore your dream career.
- Claim various free eBooks today.
- Latest Happening in education sphere ( bschool , Engineering , Degree Programmes , Medicine & Allied , Study Abroad and Professional courses).
- Explore More , Learn more and plan your career.
XAT 2014 Exam Pattern
helps you to:-
- Analyze your preparation level for XAT
- Identify your strong and weak areas and get a Personalized Improvement plan.
- Compare your preparation level with other students taking XAT exam.
XAT 2014 Exam Pattern: XAT or the Xavier Aptitude Test conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur is the MBA entrance exam for XLRI and over 100 B-schools in India. It is considered to be the toughest MBA entrance exams.
To prepare for XAT 2014 click here
For any doubts and questions related to the exam pattern, preparation and other related queries, students can call the XAT 2014 Exam Helpline at 011-40360360.
Mode of XAT 2014 exam
The exam pattern has undergone major changes since XAT 2013. In 2014 also there will be certain changes in the XAT 2014 exam pattern. The exam will consist of two parts, Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is objective paper with multiple choice questions. The sections of this paper are Verbal Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Aptitude and General Awareness.
Number of Questions
The total number of questions in this part is not fixed. XAT 2013 had 91 questions. Prof. Vishwa Ballabh, XLRI Jamshedpur Admission Chairperson mentions that XAT 2014 will have around 80 to 90 questions.
The total duration of XAT 2014 exam will be 2 hours 40 to 45 minutes.
The Part 2 of XAT is subjective in nature. It consists of the Essay Writing section. The duration of the Essay Writing question was 20 minutes.
Each question consists of 1 mark and for each wrong answer; there is negative marking of 0.25 marks.